decided to make a little twist on the top ten list. Instead of writing the top ten books I plan on reading, today I will do the top ten reading quotes. AKA my favorite quotes about reading. I know, people tend to not like doing quotes but trust me, you learn a lot from what other people say....
Here is my top ten list!
10. "Reading is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul." --Joyce Carol Oates
9. "There is no friend as loyal as a book." --Ernest Hemingway
8. "We read to know that we are not alone." --C.S. Lewis
7. "No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance." --Confucius
6. "You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend." --Paul Sweeney
5. "Books and doors are the same thing. You open them, and you go through into another world." --Jeanette Winterson
4. "When reading, we don't fall in love with the characters' appearance. We fall in love with their words, their thoughts, and their hearts. We fall in love with their souls." --Anonymous
3. "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them." --Joseph Brodsky
2. "Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." --Joseph Addison
1. "Reading is dreaming with open eyes." --Yoyo
I think these quotes would be my favorites. Do you have a favorite reading quote? So many authors have said great things about reading. Personally, I was thinking about getting a tattoo with my number one quote. I just really love how people perceive reading.
Comment with your favorite quote!
© Taylor Lavati 2017
What Readers Have to Say...
"An absolutely heart wrenching read that shows us that at times no matter how much we hope, darkness will find its way to win. "
-Blogger's From Down Under for A Reliant Love
"So this book is the ultimate love story. I like how two ordinary people who is so different and still so alike in so many ways can overcome everything together."
-Angelica Berglund for For The Love of Hockey
"I never thought I would read a "zombie book", much less love one. The Last Legacy really surprised me. Even with the whole people-eating-people thing, it was a fantastic book"
-Melannie S for The Last Legacy
"I could not wait to start book two. If this book was as good as book one, then I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. It wasn't as good as book one...it was better. "
-Keely Retchloff for Finding Sam
"The powers, the love, the excitement, the drama kept me so enthralled. If you are looking for a GREAT series about true love and mythology, look no further... I wish I could rate 10 stars! Definitely recommend this whole series to all my book loving friends!"
-The Book Blog for A Curse Books Trilogy
"For the Love of Ash" by Taylor Lavati was a rare 5-star read for me. I honestly find many typical romances rather dull and predictable. This was not the case at all here; there was nothing average about the romance, overall storyline, and the long list of supporting characters."
-Summer's Book Blog for For The Love of Ash
"Wingless isn't what I would normally pick up and read, but thought I'd try it out and I am so glad I did. The characters and "worlds" she creates are done so well that you can actually picture them and feel like you are there right along with the characters."
-JLH for Wingless
For The Love of Hockey | January 2016
The Price of Love | 2017